Welsh Public sector duties get the green light
June 14, 2011
The General Public Sector Equality duty came into force in England and Wales on 5th April 2010.
All Public Authorities in England and Wales are subject to the General Equality Duty. They are required to:
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct prohibited by the Act
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected
- characteristic and those who do not
There are also specific public duties in force. These duties differ in Scotland, England and Wales.
From 6th April 2011 Public authorities in Wales have specific duties covering:
- Strategic Equality Plans
- Assessing impact
- Equality information
- Employment information
- Pay differences
- Staff training
- Annual reporting
- Welsh Ministers’ reporting
This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.
← Previous Post
Next Post →
Registered No: England 05168642 | 216 Cathedral Road, Cardiff, CF11 9JG | 85 Lambeth Walk, LONDON, SE11 6DX